Governor Murphy’s Administration announced that the Affordable Care Act’s open enrollment period runs through Dec. 15, and http://www.GetCovered.NJ.gov provides a portal for New Jersey residents seeking health insurance coverage. The site addresses plan options, financial assistance and contact information for New Jersey residents seeking health insurance. The New Jersey Department of Human Services also announced that it is working with the following five community organizations to support enrollment efforts:
- The Center for Family Services (1-877-922-2377)
- The Family Resource Network (1-800-355-0271)
- The Oranges ACA Navigator Project (1-973-500-6031)
- Fulfill Monmouth & Ocean (1-732-918-2600 or 1-732-731-1400)
- Urban League of Hudson County (1-201-451-8888, ext. 217)
New Jersey residents can also call 877-96w-8448 to talk about health insurance options and get help enrolling.
While FriedmanLaw does not endorse any particular plan, we encourage readers in need of health insurance to take advantage of all the Affordable Care Act offers both through the new New Jersey portal, http://HealthCare.gov and local resources. In addition lots of information about Medicaid, Medicare, and Social Security is available throughout http://SpecialNeedsNJ.com.