At FriedmanLaw, our overriding aim is to find affordable solutions to your special needs, elder law, long term care, elder care, Medicaid, Medicare, Social Security, nursing home, will, trust, tax, and estate issues. After all, for over twenty-five years, we've been providing hiqh quality legal services at a fair price to help New Jersey and New York families realize their goals. We are proud that referrals from clients and other lawyers are our largest source of new business and that Lawrence A. Friedman has been named to New Jersey Super Lawyers published by Thomson Reuters and has held Martindale Hubbel's highest peer review rating of AV- Preeminent for many years. Contact us now to discuss your options in plain language and put our experience in elder law, elder care, special needs, disabled benefits, Medicaid, Social Security, Medicare, other government benefits, tax, wills, trusts, and estate planning to work for you. Click the buttons below and Articles tab above for detailed information, and for up to the minute developments in special needs, elder law, wills, trusts, estates, and tax, visit our blog by clicking the tab above where you also can subscribe to updates via RSS.
You need a lawyer, but why choose our firm? A decision not to be made lightly; it's a fair question. Perhaps a loved one needs long term care in a nursing home or assisted living facility, or you seek Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, Social Security Disability, DDD housing, or other government aid. Maybe your special needs child requires guardianship or a special needs trust or supplemental needs trust (sometimes called supplemental benefits trust) to protect a personal injury award or an inheritance.
We hope this website will give you the information you need to feel good about choosing our firm. If you still have questions, please call or email us and we'll do our best to answer them. We work hard to speak clearly in language non-lawyers understand, return phone calls quickly, and provide quality legal work at a fair price. For detailed information on elder law, elder care, special needs, tax, wills, or trust and estate concernss, click on the buttons above and our articles pages. Updates frequently appear at the blog tab where you also can subscribe to our blog.
Because the law is specialized and complex, we practice primarily in several related core areas-- special needs planning and trusts, elder law & elder care, Medicaid & Medicare, developmental disabilities, Social Security Administration [including Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability (SSD)], guardianships, wills, trusts, estates, powers of attorney, health care directives, and tax.
FriedmanLaw can help with the following:
- Preserve savings against nursing home and other long term care costs
- Avoid impoverishment when a spouse needs nursing home, assisted living, or other long term care
- Compare options to obtain long term care in a nursing home, assisted living, or private home and pay via Medicaid, long term care insurance, or otherwise
- Evaluate and negotiate nursing home, assisted living, continuing care retirement community, and other contracts
- Draw wills and trusts that minimize taxes, direct assets to desired beneficiaries, and protect children of prior marriages from being disinherited by a surviving spouse
- Establish and administer a trust, estate, or guardianship
- Use special needs trusts (a.k.a. supplemental needs trusts or supplemental benefits trusts) to maintain disability benefits when settling a malpractice or other personal injury claim or developing an estate plan
- Obtain quality special education and transition upon graduation
- Obtain Division of Developmental Disabilities (DDD) housing and other benefits
- Qualify for Medicaid, Global Options, home care, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicare, Social Security Disability (SSD), housing assistance (Section 8 and other aid), and other programs &
- Use powers of attorney, health care directives, and guardianships to allow loved ones to make decisions when mental faculties decline and seek Medicaid to fund care
All of New Jersey
12 Cushing Drive
Bridgewater, NJ 08807